Thursday, December 29, 2011

DIY Candle Upcycle

Hello friends! Today I wanted to share with you another one of my recycling ideas with items you have around your home. I know I previously posted about how to make your own candles HERE, but I wanted to show you what you could do with candles you've boughten and never use anymore. How many of you have candles at home that are down to the last bit, the wick is all gone, or you just can't get a lighter in there fat enough to get it lit? Well, I am here to solve that problem.

What You'll Need:





Step 1: Melt your first candle down completely. I put mine in a pot of boiling water. It only took about 5 minutes for the candle to turn to liquid.

Step 2: Place the new candle wick in your clean jar. (You can find wicks at your local craft store) I wrapped it around a popsicle stick so it wouldn't fall over.

Step 3: Pour melted wax into new jar. Let cool completely.

Step 4: Once the first layer of wax was completely hard, I melted the next candle down on the stove and poured it over the first layer. Repeat with one more layer or until your glass container is full.

Step 5: Cut the wick. Burn and enjoy your new candle!




No comments:

Post a Comment