Thursday, April 19, 2012

Homemade Larabars

For those of you who know, I've been on this whole healthy food kick and it's been quite difficult when it comes to the sweets. I natually have a large, VERY large sweet tooth so anything candy-like is appealing to me and very hard to look past. I most recently say a post on Dani Hampton's blog SometimesSweet where she made this not only delicious, but EASY Apricot Coconut Almond Bars. After reading her post, I thought to myself this is something I could totally whip up in the kitchen. And then the idea dawned upon me, what about those expensive vegan Larabars that I love? And this is what I came across:


PB&J

•1/4 cup cranberries


•1/4 cup Seedless/Pitted whole Dates

•1/2 cup raw peanuts

•1 tbsp creamy natural peanut butter

•Pinch of sea salt

-Place the dates and cherries in a food processor. Blend until it becomes like a paste. Transfer blended dates and cherries to a bowl.

-Add the nuts to the processor and pulse until chopped fairly small (but not too much, not nut flour. You want texture). Add the nuts, along with the sea salt, to the bowl with the fruit paste. Use your fingers to knead the nuts into the paste. Next you can spread the mixture out onto a plate covered in cling wrap. Using your hands mold the mixture into individual bars. Wrap each separately in plastic wrap or in small ziplocks. It is a good idea to refrigerate the bars after making to maintain freshness and let the form set (try to let them set in the fridge for 20 minutes before you eat one).

Cookie Dough

•1/2 cup Salted Cashews



•1/3 cup Seedless/Pitted whole Dates


•1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract


•1/2 tsp Sea Salt


•1 tbsp Organic Chocolate Chips

*Follow Same Instructions as above

Key Lime Pie

•1/2 cup cashews



•1/2 cup Seedless/Pitted whole Dates


•dash of sea salt


•Zest of 1 lime


•1/2 tbsp lime juice


•1/3 shredded coconut


For more information and Larabar recipies visit Health Damy

2 comments:

  1. Always looking for healthy snacks for my lunch! Can't wait to try these :)

    Sarah
    smalltowncatwalk.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. Much cheaper then buying the real ones!

    <3 Marielley
    www.lusciousmarielley.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete