Saturday, February 25, 2012

Homemade Body Scrubs

While this winter hasn't lasted too long here in Boise, the cold weather HAS been very tough on my skin. It's been rough, dry and itchy and I've really been in dire need of a touch up! (my skin has lost its glow!) I contemplated buying expensive designer scrubs, or heading to the spa for a day, but I'm trying to be smart with my funds! So, I figured heck, I could make my own body scrubs! Here are a few recipes I came across. Have fun, and let your skin revive itself!




ZESTY LEMON SALT SCRUB
What you will need:
5 tablespoons sea salt
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 lemon
First mix the olive oil and sea salt together. Once the salt gets coated by the oil, the lemon won’t dissolve it! Next cut the lemon in half and squeeze over the salt + oil. Mix and mash. (Feel free to adjust the recipe to your liking.) Then scrub away!


SWEET ORANGE SALT SCRUB
What you will need:
5 tablespoons sea salt
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tsp coconut oil
1 sweet orange
First mix the olive oil and sea salt together. Next cut the orange in half and squeeze over the salt + oil. Mix and mash. Lastly, add the coconut oil into the mixture to give it an extra scent! Then scrub-a-dub-dub!


BROWN SUGAR SCRUB
What you will need:
2 Cups of brown sugar
1 Cup of almond oil 
First add the 2 cups of brown sugar into a large bowl. Then add in the almond oil. (I kept adding equal ratios of oil and water, until the oil was completely absorbed) Lastly, mix and mash!

Sugar scrubs are great for a sweet scent, while salt scrubs are more for a zesty smell! Either are favorites of mine, and are not only a great gift to give, but a nice gesture to leave along side any sink in your house! 

ENJOY! 










No comments:

Post a Comment